Baby Turkey Costume
The turkey costume is the perfect outfit for your baby or kids to dress up as! And it is hilllarriiouuus too. You can choose a full turkey with a colorful tail – or, if your baby is more of an infant and just lays on his or her back, you can choose a “thanksgiving turkey” – the added benefit of this costume is that it will keep your baby warm!
Adult Turkey Costume
The adult turkey costume is another funny costume choice. If you want to be a turkey for halloween, then you probably need to know some turkey facts to tell your friends on halloween as you gobble gobble gobble all night long!
1. A female turkey is called a hen.
2. That red flap under the turkey’s chin is called a waddle.
3. A male turkey is called a tom.
4. Wild turkeys can run up to 12 miles per hour.
5. If it had been up to Ben Franklin, the national bird would have been a turkey!
Choose your halloween turkey costume now!
Turkey headbands or Turkey Hats
If you prefer not to dress up in a complete halloween outfit, you can just choose a mask, headband, or hat. The benefit of going this route is that you can also reuse it during thanksgiving – yes, sit at the thanksgiving dinner table with a turkey hat or headband and you will for sure be the star of the meal! Be creative and figure out a way to wear you Santa Hat during Thanksgiving to save some money! 🙂
Here are a few more fun facts about the domestic turkey!
1. A young turkey is called a poult. 2. There is an old saying that turkeys are so dumb that when it rains they will look up at the sky until they drown. While it is true that they do look up at the sky, it is not because they are dumb but rather because of a nervous disorder! 3. Turkeys are eaten at both Christmas and Thanksgiving. 4. Some electric power plants use turkey dropppings as a fuel source!
And that’s a wrap folks!