Tootsie Roll Costume
Here is a great idea for a homemade halloween costume – the Tootsie Roll Costume!! Tootsie Rolls are the chewy candies that everyone gets on halloween – a true classic candy that has been around since 1896!! The main ingredients incude: Sugar, Corn Syrup, condensed milk, and artificial cocoa flavoring.
The tootsie roll costume can be purchased online, or, if you want to save some money, you can easily make this costume at home yourself pretty easily and cheaply!
Women’s Tootsie Roll Costume
You may be surprised to find out that this candy costume can be a very cute and sexy women’s costume! And it’s likely to be one of the most unique halloween outfits at any party you go to. A short brown mini dress trimmed in white with the words “Tootsie” or “Tootsie Roll” is all it takes!
Infant Tootsie Roll Halloween Costume
If you have a baby that you want to dress up for halloween, this is also an excellent outfit!! The best things about this halloween costume are that it’s good for babies that cannot move around alot and are not yet walking, it will keep them warm on that cold October night, and it’s a piece of halloween candy! What costume for your baby could be more perfect!?
How to make your own Tootsie Roll Costume:
1. Your arms and legs will be showing, so you’ll want to wear black pants and shirt.
2. Get a box. You will need to cut arm holes in the box an dfit it so it is around your torso. Use duck tape to get it in the right place!
3. Brown, white, and red fabric – at walmart or any hobby store you can buy long pieces of felt or other solid-colored fabrics. Get enough so that you can wrap the box! You’ll start by wrapping hte box in white. Notice on the tootsie roll that the white part is the wrapper and that it bunches at the top and bottom – be sure your fabric is long enough to do that! On top of the white fabric (in the middle section), wrap the brown fabric. You can secure it with hot glue, fabric tape, or if you’re a sewer, a few stitches! Finally, use the red fabric for strips around the outline of the brown. Look at the tootsie roll to get a clear idea! Again, secure with one of the aforementioned methods.
4. Use fabric paint to write the word “Tootsie Roll” on the body of the brown fabric!
5. Cut out a hole for your face on the top portion of the white fabric so that the fabric comes over your head. Secure the fabric at the bottom and at the top with a bit of elastic or cord so that it looks like a tootsie roll wrapper.