What better way to celebrate the cold winter months than a Snowman Costume. Frosty the Snowman made his debut in the 1950’s first as a song, “Frosty the Snow Man”, then later became animated and put on the television. His fame grew and grew! The image of the man made of snow grew so big that he became one of America’s icons during the wintery Holiday months.
How to make a Snowman Costume: Frosty will typically appear with many of these features!
- A black Top Hat! Frosty always wear his hat on his head. So when you build a snowman in your yard this winter be sure to put a hat on him. If you are making a snowman costume be sure to make your way to the goodwill or your local store to find the right type of hat!
- Eyes made of coal! Simple enough, if you are making a costume try fixing some charcoal to a pair of sunglasses or even just painting your eyes black with face paint to get the proper effect.
- Corncob pipe: Pretty easy to make, after munching on your corn save the cob and shape it into a pipe with a wooden dowel as the handle.
- Button Nose: We all have old buttons lying around the house, ask your family or friends for one if you cannot find one. You can always buy a button if need be, just visit your local super store for a variety of choices for making your button nose.
- Scarf: Winter clothing is often signified by a scarf, it keeps you warm and ready for the cold adventure ahead. Grab a scarf out of your closet and wrap it around yourself… it might seem odd that a snowman would wear a scarf but, nevertheless, it is part of his image.